This item is a DIY kit and as such assembly is required. Painting is optional!
Please make sure you have everything before you start.
- Bend the wire into a V shape with a tight bend at the top.
- Slide both ends into the attenuator, set the antenna aside.
- Glue the red LED Lens into the hole on the body.
- Glue the LED ring to the body.
- Glue the top trim to the top of the body. Be careful to align the antenna holes.
- Glue the side trim to the body.
- Put a little glue in the two small holes on the top of the body. Insert the antenna into the holes on the top of the body.
- Pull the battery saver tab from the LED
- Push the plug over the small ring on the LED
- Insert the LED assembly into the hole on the bottom of the body. It should be hard to press in which will keep it seated.
- Rotate the plug with a coin to turn the LED on or off.
- Unscrew the plug all the way.
- Dump out the batteries.
- Insert new batteries.
- Screw in the plug and LED cap.
To remove the LED assembly from the body we find a pair of needle nose pliers works well.
We recommend these batteries:
If you like the kit as is you are done! Our intent is that it can be used unpainted. However if you wanna go full on screen accurate then read on..
We recommend painting the rifle after assembly!
To get a nice finish you will need to take care of the print lines. This can be done in one of two ways.
- Sanding - It is possible to finish the kit with several iterations of sanding, priming, and then sanding again. This is the fun way, but we don't recommend you have that much fun!
- Resin Coating - The best way to finish our kits is to coat them with resin. This allows for smooth surfaces, adds a significant amount of strength to the prop, and can even add a little weight. We recommend XTC-3D. It is a resin specifically formulated to coat 3D printed parts and it makes for easy sanding. One box is enough for many projects. XTC-3D is our go to when finishing any 3D printed item! All of our kits were designed to be used with resin not sanded and primed!