We are constantly updating and adding to out instruction pages, please bear with us. If you notice an issue let us know.
The techniques and tools described below can be used to prep, cleanup, repair, and remove blemishes on any of our 3D printed products.
Our items are made with thermoplastics. Thermoplastics are plastics which get soft when heated and harden when they cool. This allows us to easily fix minor blemishes with simple tools.
- Glue - We recommend Loctite Super Glue but any glue with cyanoacrylate is ideal. Many hobby and model glues will work just fine as well.
- Resin - All of our kits are designed to be coated with resin before sanding and painting. We recommend XTC-3D as it is formulated specifically for 3D printed items.
More info on the use of XTC-3D can be found here.
We recommend the following tools when working with any of our items.
- Heatgun or Hairdryer (be very careful with the heatgun as it can melt the item very quickly)
Needle Nose Pliers
Utility Knife or Hobby Knife
Connectors and Joints
We recommend painting our kits after assembly!
To get a nice finish on any of our items you will need to take care of the print lines. This can be done in one of two ways.
- Sanding - It is possible to finish the kit with several iterations of sanding, priming, and then sanding again. This is the fun way, but we don't recommend you have that much fun!
- Resin Coating - The best way to finish our kits is to coat them with resin. This allows for smooth surfaces, adds a significant amount of strength to the prop, and can even add a little weight. We recommend XTC-3D. It is a resin specifically formulated to coat 3D printed parts and it makes for easy sanding. One box is enough for many projects. XTC-3D is our go to when finishing any 3D printed item! All of our kits were designed to be used with resin not sanded and primed!
After you resin coat the item you will want to sand any runs, drips, or excess. You can then prime and paint with your preferred paint.
Item Specific Assembly Instructions
Assembly instructions for the Mandalorian Blaster Kit
Assembly instructions for the Mandalorian Rifle Kit
Assembly instructions for the Tracking FOB Kit
Instructions for the Rey Skywalker Saber Kit
Instructions for the Han Solo Blaster Kit
Assembly instructions for our Saber Kits
Instructions for our Nerf accessories
Instructions for our inBox Scenes